Arthritis and rheumatism increase as we get older due to poor body use leading to strain, wear and tear on the joints. Incorrect food choices can lead to inflammatory conditions. And auto immune disorders can lead to joint inflammation and dysfunction from the body attacking itself. Herbal medicine has many proven effective strategies for coping with rheumatic conditions, reducing pain and inflammation and restoring function. Detoxifying the body and reducing accumulation that builds up in the joints and promoting healing by increasing cellular function within the connective tissue (tendons, ligaments etc). Commonly used herbs in arthritic conditions include devils claw, black cohosh, cramp bark and turmeric.
- Pain reduction
- Increases range of movement
- Modulates the immune response
- Increases cellular turn over (healing)
- Decreases toxic load and accumulation around the joints
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces muscular tension, increasing flexibility